Wednesday 3 August 2011

Introducing Boo-tique......

My name is Steph, I'm from Blackpool, I recently graduated from UCLAN having studied Product Design for 3 years.

I looooooooooooove to craft, day or night! I have been crafting since I was a tiny tot and think I will be forever.

Over the last few years I have moved from making jewellery from beads to card-making to crocheting and knitting and now I find I most enjoy working with 100% wool felt. I started 'felting' using a technique called needle felting when a barbed needle is jabbed in an out of a ball of fluff a million times to bind it together. I still use this method occasionally ( when I'm feeling adventurous) but tend to prefer working on a larger scale so now a work from sheets of felt. I like the idea of mixed media so try to incorporate other materials and techniques into my work.

I am always on the look out for inspiration whether walking the dog in the park, on holiday even on a night out in town, it can come from anywhere, and it's the best feeling when it does!! :D
I'm always on the lookout for new outlets to sell my crafts, up until recently I had some at The Garden Place, Cropper Manor but due a business take over this is no longer an option. I now currently sell my crafts online at www.facebook.com/bootique82 and as many craft fairs as I can, hope to see you at one!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment